Thursday, January 1, 2015

An Unsuspected People



My Sweet Tullys

 

 

Thursday, January 1, 2015
What a relief
What a relief when medicine prescribed alleviates the symptoms of the illness and sometimes the illness itself.  For example, an upper respiratory infection may need penicillin, a broken ankle might need a cast, a cold nursed.  A disillusioned soul might need shelter and spiritual doula to assist in birthing deeper matters of the heart and a family for belonging. I came to Nashville, to my Father's ancestral lands, far South away from my home, following the promptings of God.  Divorce was behind me and a history of tragedy, brokenness, remorse, and emptiness in my womb, I stepped out in faith to help further His kingdom here on earth. Trusting His guidance in my life, knowing Him as the Healer of my past, & leaning on His sovereignty for my future.

Along this path, which has been bitter sweet, I came upon an unsuspecting people, I will call them, stealing this description from a friend amongst them, my Tullys, the hands and feet of Him who sent me.  They embraced me immediately and sent me to school on Sunday, who does that?  They invited me into their homes, to dwell with their families.  They did not gaze upon me with suspicion as I conversed with their husbands, but if they did, they took relational steps towards inclusion, clarifying my intentions, allotting time to observe that I was trustworthy.  They did not hesitate to befriend me on social media. They comforted me with food & hugs.  They treated me like family, one of their own. They gave me space to speak what was on my mind and heart.  I shared with them my darkest night..., my deepest shame..., they did not turn away. They attempted to teach me "Oh my word" instead.  They have trusted me with their little ones, they’ve befriended me with all their ages.  I am blessed to call them my friends.  They shelter me as He strengthens my frame, for the future He has planted in my heart, as He draws it forth.  I am grateful to them for just being with me in the most pressing season of my life thus far, life’s labor pains shooting, as these friends stay present, assisting in the birth of a new future my Lord is giving me.

With confidence I sense He's calling me towards home, even if no one else understands His ways in my life.  My sweet Tullys have allowed me the grace to seek my Heavenly Father’s will, to hear it clearly & to go forth.  May the Lord Jesus smile upon them, may they hear His love songs to them, May His grace and peace be upon them.  This is my hope and prayer for my dear friends and anyone who needs to be loved so thoroughly, so inclusively, just how families were designed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment